Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: *warning* MOST STUPID QUESTION

Default *warning* MOST STUPID QUESTION

so...got my hot little neurotic hands on a list of spices that aren't good to have while breastfeeding...sage being one of them. is my supply going to drop after having stuffing tonight? ...i told you, stupid question...i know...

Default Re: *warning* MOST STUPID QUESTION

I wouldn't worry about it. I think in most cases you'd have to consume consistently high quantities to have any noticeable effect.

Also, I've seen stupider questions. Good for you for caring one way or the other.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Sometimes google is evil.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amysmom View Post
    Sometimes google is evil.

Besides alcohol and sudafed I have never worried about what I eat. (No on the sudafed, moderation on the alcohol)

I teach 9th graders. I live in the world of stupid questions. That is so far from a stupid question that it would require getting a passport to get even into the neighborhood of a stupid question.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Lol... I didn't realise that some spices could negatively affect your milk supply! I just ate whatever with whatever, and i DD seemed fine.
    Proud Wife to my Kyler 10/02/08
    Proud Mum to our Sarah 07/03/10 and Laura 02/03/12

Btdt: CS & VBAC
    Enjoying BFing- so much better the 2nd time (thanks lll ladies!)
    I love to with my Beco butterfly 2 and enjoying
    Happy SAHM, & Backyard farmer (I <3 chickens! [hoping to raise sheep for my budding fibre art passion, maybe a cow for a growing cheese habit ])

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    I teach 9th graders. I live in the world of stupid questions. That is so far from a stupid question that it would require getting a passport to get even into the neighborhood of a stupid question.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

oh, i've ASKED way stupider questions my dear. I've also eaten plenty of sage and burned plenty of sage in my house with no ill effects. If you really just look out for antihistamines you'll generally be okay, as long as you're nursing on demand, etc. I FOR SURE wouldn't worry about a little stuffing. or a lot of stuffing
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it