Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how many times/day are you nursing?

Default Re: how many times/day are you nursing?

My Fiona nurses or has her expressed bottles about every 3-4 hours. Sounds quite normal to me!

at that age, ds2 nursed about every 1-3 hours. Its pretty normal. I mean...I don't think I go 3 hours without eating!
    Mommy to 2 little boys!
    DS1 11/1/07 BFed 7 months
    DS2 11/6/09 BF 2 YEARS! and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*littleiandjmomma View Post
    at that age, ds2 nursed about every 1-3 hours. Its pretty normal. I mean...I don't think I go 3 hours without eating!

It's important to remember that because it really puts it into perspective. I drink constantly I can't expect a little baby to be made to wait 4 hours!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Mirkka - I agree.

I really enjoy nursing, so I don't pay much attention. I just went to my son's 6mo. check-up and our doc. office has a new computer system where they ask you a series of questions during the visit. One question was, "How often do you nurse?" I was like, "Uhhh, I don't know!" Another was, "How long does your baby nurse during each feeding?" Again, my reply was, "Uhhh, don't know!" Who keeps track?
    Last edited by @llli*bumble.bee; November 9th, 2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: grammer error

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    [/B]
    It's important to remember that because it really puts it into perspective. I drink constantly I can't expect a little baby to be made to wait 4 hours!
    EXACTLY! And when people talk about babies STTN for 10, 12 hours, it's the first thing I think. It's a long time to go without food or liquids for anyone, let alone a baby.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kmanih View Post
    EXACTLY! And when people talk about babies STTN for 10, 12 hours, it's the first thing I think. It's a long time to go without food or liquids for anyone, let alone a baby.
    my 9mo DS still nurses ATLEAST every 2-3 hours including through-out the night.
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST

My son is 9.5 months and nurses every 1.5-2 hrs during the day and 2.5 hours at night... Still no solids, he just refuses, and I'm more than happy to feed him.
    Exclusively BF since 2/1/11 with no end in sight.
    THE greatest joy of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bumble.bee View Post
    Mirkka - I agree.

I really enjoy nursing, so I don't pay much attention. I just went to my son's 6mo. check-up and our doc. office has a new computer system where they ask you a series of questions during the visit. One question was, "How often do you nurse?" I was like, "Uhhh, I don't know!" Another was, "How long does your baby nurse during each feeding?" Again, my reply was, "Uhhh, don't know!" Who keeps track?
    I've been keeping track because there were BFAR-related supply concerns early on.

Bubs nurses about every 2 hours or less during the day, and averages :30 minutes on one side. But we occasionally get a 5, 6, or 7 hour stretch during the night. He's 4 months.