Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Best Hospital Grade Pump?

Default Best Hospital Grade Pump?

I finally decided to break down and rent a hospital grade pump. I need a pump that will allow me empty my breast in 10-15. Currently, I have a Medela PIS and it takes 30 45 min. I cannot afford to take 30-45 minutes off every 2 to 3 hours.

Does anyone have a reviews for the following pumps:
    Medela Lactina
    Hygeia EnDeare
    Ameda Platinum Breastpump
    Ameda Lact-E
    Ameda Elite

Thank you!
    The love of my life, Rogelio Federico aka Tre, was born on 22 July 2011.
    Active Duty Army Mom thats hates , but loves : and

Default Re: Best Hospital Grade Pump?

Let me know if it works better because I have a PISA as well. It works okay for me now but I always wondered about the hospital grade...
    July 27 2011

I use a medela lactina provided by my employer. For use at home I have the lansinoh double electric. Compared to the lasinoh I didn't like the suction action of the lactina. but now I am used to it (using it 3x a day, 4 times a week). it is very efficient and has multiple speeds and suction levels. I used to pump for 20-25 minutes and now average 10-15 minutes.
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

I have been using a Symphony for the past 15 months. Twins were born at 27 weeks so I had to pump exclusively before they came home. I have still been using it while working part time as well. I find it very efficient. I now can pump in about 5-10 minutes depending on the time of day. My only regret is that I did not check out that I could have bought one cheaper than I have now rented it off of Amazon. I should have looked sooner, but I had figured you could not get them.

I used the Ameda Elite for both kids and was very pleased. I got a killer deal on a refurbished one from a man that repairs them. You can adjust the speed and suction level and it's very easy to set up and clean. My only complaint is that it was pretty bulky and took up a lot of space on my desk and it's hard to find ameda components in stores. I had to order extras online just to have them on hand in case.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie