Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: period while nursing?

Default Re: period while nursing?

I had what appeared to be a period that started when my DD was exactly 30 days old and then again 2 weeks after that. The second one began the day I had my 6 week follow-up with my OB and she said it looked like a period to her. I am exclusively bf'ing and lochia stopped 4 days pp.

I had a C-Section and bled pretty consistently very heavy at first and tapered off at about 8 weeks and then all of sudden wham--a heavy period but no cramping like usual--just when I was getting excited about not having to wear pads anymore *@*!. I didn't have another period until my baby was 6 months old and then another when he turned 8 months old. I attributed my period starting early because I had to supplement in the second and third week but who knows. Everyone is different and my doctor says it is normal. As mentioned in earlier posts, every pregnancy will be different also.

During my last period at 8 months, I got very sick with naseau and vomiting 10 days before my period started. I was very sore inside and had bad cramps and a headache also. I usually get most of these symptoms, and get nauseas about 10 days before but usually don't vomit. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, after I had my first 2 children my periods were much more painful and I get very sick to my stomach!