Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: using breast pump

Exclamation using breast pump

hi friends i am new to this site and i would like to join you all and need support from you. i am using ameda purely yours breast pump for past 1 month, before that a nearly 20 days i stopped bf my baby, so long effort i am taking as low milk supply and one nipple cracked too help me friends what can i do

Default Re: using breast pump

Welcome! Congratulations on the new baby. There's a lot you can do to get your milk supply going again. The best thing you can do is to nurse the baby, if he or she is willing. This link covers getting a baby back to the breast: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html. If the baby is unwilling to nurse, the best way to get your supply going is to pump as often as possible using a good pump. The Ameda PY is NOT the right pump for the job. I know, I used one. I strongly suggest using a hospital-grade rental pump, with correctly sized shields, and pumping every 2 hours during the day and every 3 at night. The best lace to get a hospital-grade pump is probably from your local lactation consultant, who you probably want to see anyway about that cracked nipple and because a good LC can help you get the baby to the breast.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

that isn't the right pump to use to try to relactate with. Really, you need to rent a hospital grade pump. And you need to get baby to nurse much as you can. Those two things will go a long way to getting your supply back up.

If you scroll down the home page, you will find a whole forum dedicated to relactation.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

yes i am planning to rent a hospital grade pump, but i have no idea where i can get those in Dubai. And my baby refuse to breastfeed, tats y after knowing about breast pump i thought of using , but i feel i wasted montey in breast pump

Contact a member here, AndreaUAE, as she lives inDubai and can probably help answer that question. PM her, and I'll drop a message on her FaceBook page to come look for this thread.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

oh thank you so much for your help, but how can i find andrea and message her. i dont know how to do it in this site

Hi, I'm Andrea. I currently live in the UAE. You probably need a hospital grade pump as the others have mentioned. I would try contacting the large, mostly Western hospitals like American Hospital and Welcare. There is also Oasis Hospital in Al-Ain (where I am) which might have pumps for rent. I'll send you a message now. Don't lose hope!
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Hi Andrea , Thanks for your reply. I live in Discovery Garden Jebel Ali. think Al Ain is really far for me. if u come to know about rental pump please elt me know. i am waiting for it. but using it will i able to pump more milk .because i am having low milk supply and also one of my nipple is cracked too

found a few sites online that you can rent hospital grade pumps from
    Full time working mama to a precious
    Due date was 05/02/2011 - born 04/04/2011 at 36 weeks exactly.
    and 14 months and still going strong