Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I want to get my 8 month old on a bottle

Default I want to get my 8 month old on a bottle

My 8 month is biting me, I'm bleeding chapped and bruised I tryed lanalin it's not working. It hurts so bad Im sick to my stomache. I cannot get him to take a bottle, even filled with breast milk I need help

Default Re: I want to get my 8 month old on a bo

Wow, that sounds miserable! The best advice I heard about trying bottles was to have someone else give the bottle and you leave. Some babies won't take a bottle when they know momma is near. Also try different nipples. My first used Medela bottles and nipples with no problem. My second uses breastflow. You definitely want to address the nipple biting issue. I know there are posts on here about that but I'm on my cell and can't find links to them right now. Good luck.

Instead of weaning baby to a bottle -- as you have to fill that bottle with something, and pumping to fill a bottle for a baby is hard, hard work -- you need to teach baby to not bite. Some babies are more persistent than others about biting.

To fix the current wounds, try moist healing with hydrogel pads, Neosporin and time.

To fix the biting
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/biting.html
    http://www.llli.org/faq/bite.html
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

My DS who is almost 10 mo just got his top 4 teeth in and sometimes it is uncomfortable to BF him because of his teeth. The best way to fix this is... Change nursing positions. This will make baby's teeth in a different spot, minimizing pain. I have found this works great!
    Passed my CLC exam!

Mother of 3: 12-25-04 12-3-07 1-13-2011