Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weight gain okay?

Default Weight gain okay?

My DD was born at 7.3 and is now at 11.2, at almost 3 months...is that reasonable? Doc says she's fine, but I around all these big babies, and had a rough start due to TT so I'm always worried about her weight.
    Last edited by @llli*bxmom; October 29th, 2011 at 06:42 PM.

Default Re: Weight gain okay?

Sounds perfect to me!
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Yes. Check out this chart for breastfed baby girls: http://kellymom.com/babyconcerns/growth/chart3.html. In fact, her growth has been remarkably consistent, in that at 3 months she is still more or less at the same percentile she was born at.

Is there a reason why you're asking? Are you worried, or is someone telling you that you should?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks! I know I shouldn't be comparing but it's so hard no to do. So to answer your question my worry is simply based on comparison. DD smiles often, has bright eyes and moves like a healthy baby She is also long. 25 inches and not 3 months yet.