Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Paci rec's - don't like Tommee Tippee

Default Paci rec's - don't like Tommee Tippee

I'd like to find a pacifier that will work for DD for when we're in the car. She seems to want to sleep in the car, but needs something to help her get there, so she ends up sucking on a bottle (if someone is back there with her) or my finger and then falls right asleep.

She does NOT like the Tommee Tippee ones I bought for her. We have some cheap ones we got in a gift basket at my shower that she likes a *little* better, but not enough to keep sucking it. She will actually shake her head at the Tommee Tippee ones, she dislikes them so much.

So...I was going to try another brand, but where do I start? I thought I might start with someone else whose LO hated Tommee Tippee? Anyone out there?

TIA
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!

Default Re: Paci rec's - don't like Tommee Tippe

I have tried almost every brand on my LO who hates the paci--and the only ones he semi-likes are the MAM pacis. The other ones he won't even attempt to suckle on at all, but these he does for a few sucks, then it gets pushed out of his mouth.
    EBFing, CDing, BWing, co-sleeping mamma to Bennett (9/5/11).
    Excited to be a BM donor through Indiana Mothers Milk Bank (http://www.immb.org/).

My son would never take anything except for the MAM pacis -- he's still using them at night now!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

DS1 was hard core with the NUK ones with the silicone nipples. DS2 liked them too, but abandoned them recently for his thumb. You might look for one that most closely resembles the nipple on his bottles.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Thanks for the responses! When she can find her hand she sucks on that...I wonder if she is going down the path of thumb sucking?
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!