Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: night feeding

Default night feeding

My baby is 9 months old and still wants to nurse 2 or 3 times at night. Is this ok or is there something i can do so she will sleep longer. We do co-sleep and think she is using me as a pacifer.

Default Re: night feeding

If it makes you feel better, my 18 month old still wakes at least 3 times a night to nurse. It won't hurt your baby, but it sure can be annoying for a tired mommy! I suggest checking out Elizabeth Pantley's book "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" for some gentle ways to encourage longer and more independent sleep, without resorting to harsh cry-it-out methods.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I feel for you because I am going through the same thing! We have good and bad nights. It may be teeth coming in and causing discomfort and since you secrete hormones that make baby feel better, this may be the only thing that helps your LO. Maybe try to get into a bedtime routine with a bath and massage, etc.. to see if maybe this helps. Don't worry, it will get better!
    Passed my CLC exam!

Mother of 3: 12-25-04 12-3-07 1-13-2011

Default get non nursing mother to understand

i have a friend that does not understand why i can not leave my baby for a weekend. My baby still is nursing at least 3 times at night adn it is just easier to take her with me. My friend does not want kids on the trip

Some people just don't get it. Does your friend have kids yet? Often people without children don't understand what's so difficult about leaving them behind. A lot of bottle-feeding moms don't get it either, because from the very beginning they have been able to go places and do things without their babies in tow.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad for not joining in on an event where your child is not welcome. Your first priority is your child. Anyone who doesn't get that doesn't have their head screwed on straight. And it's not necessarily fair to invite someone on a trip but make rules about who can and can't come. If someone were to invite me on a trip, and then say that my kid wasn't welcome, they would have to have a darn good reason why not.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"