Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BF position as they grow?

Default Re: BF position as they grow?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*duckpond View Post
    We moved from cradle hold as an infant, to lap sitting or sitting beside me or lying down together as a bigger baby/toddler, to lying beside me or standing or cradle hold again (but lying on the couch, not on my lap, just his head and shoulders in my lap) by the time he was a preschooler.
    we never really did cradle hold. OS babies make their preferences known early.

babies nurse in the oddest positions. DS was a yoga nurser. DD liked to nurse in ballet positions.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Default Re: BF position as they grow?

I have a 4 month old and I do day care for a 15 month old. During lunch time especially when the 15mo needs a little help, I will feed my LO while he is sitting on my leg. He is supported in front by my breast, and I use my hand just at the nape of his neck to support behind him.