Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bailey Nurture III Electric Double used?

Default Bailey Nurture III Electric Double used?

Is this an ok pump to buy used?
    Samantha
    Mom to 5 and latest addition born Oct 14th 2011, Cloth diapering, baby wearing, co-sleeping, breast feeding, non circing mama. Married to my best friend!
    ****Please excuse any errors prob NAKing****

Default Re: Bailey Nurture III Electric Double u

This website (http://www.breastpumpsdirect.com/Bai...Pump_p/320.htm) makes it sound like it's fine to get used.

The Deluxe Nurture III is FDA approved for multiple users and is completely safe to loan to a friend as long as each mother uses her own collection kit. Many mothers are able to frequently pump with this pump for years, and the pump's 5-year manufacturer's warranty reinforces its dependability.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

Manufacturer's site notes "The Nurture III is the only small pump approved by the FDA for multiple users, so after you're finished with it, you'll be able to pass it along to a friend! It is safe for multiple women to use the same Nurture III Breast Pump motor, provided that each woman has her own collection set. Our Double Collection Kits contain everything needed for single or double pumping with the Nurture III except the motor"

I will be sure to let friends know about this pump, as the PISA is a single user only, and way more expensive
    Full time working mama to a precious
    Due date was 05/02/2011 - born 04/04/2011 at 36 weeks exactly.
    and 14 months and still going strong

We have Nurture III pumps available at our clinic, but use them infrequently. Moms have told me that they work fine as a pump, but they are kind of a pain as they cycle manually- you must use your finger versus the pump doing it for you. Other than that, the ones in our office have been around for a long time and still work well.

I just wanted to give the heads-up about the manual cycling in case it slipped past. It is something that some women like and others don't.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

I dont understand the manual thing I will have to google it, there is one for sale for $30 on another site seems like a good deal

thanks ladies for your help
    Samantha
    Mom to 5 and latest addition born Oct 14th 2011, Cloth diapering, baby wearing, co-sleeping, breast feeding, non circing mama. Married to my best friend!

Did you find more info about it?

If you take a look at the system all hooked up, you will see purple caps on top of the flange base. These caps are where the filter and tubing hook up. The caps have two holes in them; one of these is for the filter/tubing and the other is left open. A woman uses her finger to cover that opening for a few seconds to create suction and then releases. That is manual cycling.

You can take a look at the user manual first before buying. They are decent pumps; they just take some getting used to.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

This is why I did not buy one of these pumps. I almost did when Logan was born and I needed to pump for a friend 's baby. But it's not hands-free completely, and I can see how a mom who needs to do breast compressions might be frustrated by this pump. But I have heard these are good pumps. At that price, you could try it and see if you like it.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ohiomama View Post
    Did you find more info about it?

If you take a look at the system all hooked up, you will see purple caps on top of the flange base. These caps are where the filter and tubing hook up. The caps have two holes in them; one of these is for the filter/tubing and the other is left open. A woman uses her finger to cover that opening for a few seconds to create suction and then releases. That is manual cycling.

You can take a look at the user manual first before buying. They are decent pumps; they just take some getting used to.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    This is why I did not buy one of these pumps. I almost did when Logan was born and I needed to pump for a friend 's baby. But it's not hands-free completely, and I can see how a mom who needs to do breast compressions might be frustrated by this pump. But I have heard these are good pumps. At that price, you could try it and see if you like it.
    That is what I am thinking and if I dont like it I could resell it.

Thanks guys
    Samantha