Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sick...is it still ok to BF?

Default Sick...is it still ok to BF?

I'm pretty sure its ok to breastfeed my DD while I'm under the weather, just want to make sure though. I don't want to pass it to her! I think I just have a head cold, maybe a low grade temp but nothing too serious. She is almost 4 months old and gets only breastmilk. I always nurse her if I'm with her, but if I'm not she does take a bottle.

Default Re: Sick...is it still ok to BF?

yep still ok, actually she will benefit from some of the immunities your body is building up as well. Feel better mama get as much rest as possible with a baby and drink a ton of water
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

YES! Not only is it ok to breastfeed, it's the best thing you can do!

If you are sick, you were exposed prior to having symptoms. So you have the antibodies for the illness you have in your milk. It will actually help her from getting what you have. Cool, eh?
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

That's what I thought! It's so cool...this is my first baby, so first time breastfeeding & I love how it's just the best thing for her in so many ways, even when I'm sick!

Thank you!