Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when did you move your LO to thier room?

Default when did you move your LO to thier room?

My DS just hit 8months. We co-sleep and he still nurses a few times a night. My question is when did you move your baby into thier own room & out of your bed?

I have a week off work in November & I was thinking about doing it then, but both Hubby & I kinda like having him with us, its just the sleep disruption is starting to wear on us.

So, what do you think??????
    Mommy to Christopher 02/26/11 my miracle baby

Default Re: when did you move your LO to thier r

My 3 y/o is still in our room...we are working on getting her in her own bed next to ours for at least most of the night. I kinda like everyone in one room because then I know where they all are. They are still going to disrupt your sleep, no matter where they sleep if they wake frequently though.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

We haven't yet. He's 9 months and we bedshare. I think we might try around 18 months and just do a toddler bed. It depends when he's ready though. Right now I know he *needs* to be with us. He's a very sensitive baby.

And yeah, my 21 month old is in her own room and for the most part sttn. But when she does wake up, she disrupts us way more than the baby! Because we have to go to her, rock her etc. to get her to go back to sleep.
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

DD1 was moved into her room at about 14 months. DD2 is currently in our room and she is 14.5 months. We're going to be starting to move her over to her room shortly as LO3 is on their way in 4 months. We've just been lazy about putting out the effort to move her.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

my 3.5 year old is still in our room. He has a toddler bed in there and starts the night in that bed. He stays there about 50% of the time for the entire night, and the other 50% he climbs in with us half way through the night. It works for us because his room is more of a play room. If we had to put his bed in there he wouldn't have room for his train table.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

ok, maybe I am too conservative, but how do I try for #2 with #1 still in our bed? It has definately affected the process..........

As for the disruption its more how much tossing & turning he does then the actual waking up part
    Mommy to Christopher 02/26/11 my miracle baby

The couch!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    The couch!
    That's where LO3 was conceived! LOL
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

naptime on the weekends?
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*charadawn View Post
    ok, maybe I am too conservative, but how do I try for #2 with #1 still in our bed? It has definately affected the process..........

As for the disruption its more how much tossing & turning he does then the actual waking up part
    Well DD was conceived with sleeping 7mo next to us. And anything that happens now happens on the sofa or in DH's bed (only room for three in a queen IMHO)
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.