Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Vitamins

Default Vitamins

At my babies 2 month check up the doc told me to put him on poly vi sol vitamins. I am still taking the prenatal vitamin since i am still nursing full time. Is that going to b too many vitamins for him? He is 3 months old

Default Re: Vitamins

My girls have been taking polyvisol since probably 2 months and I am taking a prenatal.

BTW-you can order polyvisol on amazon for a lot cheaper than buying at a local pharmacy.
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

Breastfed babies DO NOT need vitamins as a general rule. Your milk is perfectly balanced with everything your baby needs. The only vitamin you might want to supplement would be D, and most of us do that with sunlight and Carlson's baby D drops.

Taste the one your ped suggested sometime...it's nasty, nasty.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I could not bring myself to taste those because of the smell! i dont bother with the supps.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby