Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Lact-Aid or Medela?

Default Lact-Aid or Medela?

I am pregnant with my third, and I was unable to breastfeed my first two. Since then, I discovered that I have insufficient glandular tissue, so breastfeeding alone is most likely not in the cards for me. My question is, I want to try using a SNS, but I don't know which one to purchase. I have heard that the Lact-Aid is better, and that it forces the baby to suck more, but some people swear by the Medela. Has anyone used one of these, and if so, what did you think?

Default Re: Lact-Aid or Medela?

I have used both and prefer the Lact-Aid. I thought it more like breastfeeding. You fill the bag, and it can be under your clothes, and replace the bags as needed. For a healthy baby, this would be ideal; I had to adapt it as my baby can't suck, so it dripped too much for me to do that with. The Medela one was just awkward; I also could not really adapt it well for our needs.

Tape the tubes down very well. Otherwise you feel like you need 4 hands to use one.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: Lact-Aid or Medela?

Thank you for the info!