Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Issues with Sam #2

Default Re: Issues with Sam #2

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    Hmm I get that but what is the benefit of having the tests done, either you feel better or not what is the question? Beth why does your DH regret it what would change?
    Because Celiac is a disease associated with a lot of other diseases like other autoimmune disorders, diabetes, and arthritis and it is also genetic. So it is good to know if you have Celiac or if it is just a non-Celiac gluten intolerance so that you know what your risks are and what to watch out for and for your kids too. Levi's pediatric GI was somewhat of an expert on Celiac disease and told DH to introduce gluten in his diet again so that he could get the testing, but it would be a miserable couple of weeks in order to do that.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Ok got it thx
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I'm on my phone so I can't find the stuff the doctor provided me with. But here's a link that sort of explains it. Being careful when eliminating gluten is important to stay healthy. Paying attention to your body and being sure to get the right nutrients.

http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/me...ideEffects.htm
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kst.7399 View Post
    I'm on my phone so I can't find the stuff the doctor provided me with. But here's a link that sort of explains it. Being careful when eliminating gluten is important to stay healthy. Paying attention to your body and being sure to get the right nutrients.

http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/me...ideEffects.htm
    It sounds like from reading this that the advice would be to follow the same advice good for most people... to eat a wide variety of whole foods to prevent the problems they talk about. If you replaced what you were eating with processed GF products and white rice, it would be a problem for anyone.

ETA: FWIW, DH lost a bit of weight when he cut gluten out, and all of his blood tests and vital signs are very, very good according to his doctor. I think part of this is because he eats very little in the way of GF processed food. He really only has 2 pieces of Rudi's GF bread for lunch, and occasionally he has GF brown rice pasta.
    Last edited by @llli*Samiha; October 29th, 2011 at 06:12 PM.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine