Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 month old STILL nursing all NIGHT??

Default Re: 9 month old STILL nursing all NIGHT?

I totally understand where you are coming from! My son who is 9 1/2 months just started sleeping again at night. He was up every 1-2 hrs for a whole month! Before hand he was sleeping 8-10 hours every night. I found out later that he was teething 6 teeth!!! Poor thing was miserable! He is even sleeping in his own crib! You may consider moving her into her own space, maybe once she realizes that she doesn't get fed right away she will not wake as often. When my son would wake I would sometimes rock or pat him back to sleep. If he would still keep waking up I would eventually nurse him back to sleep since he was so miserable. Hang in there and try the PP suggestions!
    Married to my joeybear 6 years
    born 12-25-04 nursed 1 yr!
    born 12-3-07 nursed 6 months!
    1-13-11 still nursing!

"You are not managing an inconvenience; you are raising a human being"

Great article here http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...27#/29e55b27/1
    and please visit and like our Facebook page for Breastfeeding Today here https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Br...36718433032269

This age is awful for sleeping. They are getting teeth constantly until 12-13 months and they are hitting so many new milestones everyday. I personally wouldn't even bother trying to change her schedule/cut out nursing/switch sleeping arrangements because it is just going to go right back to where you started until after they get all of their teeth. Hang in there It will get better. FWIW, I do remember going to playgroup every thursday and commiserating with a couple of my mom friends who were also blessed with 'not so great' sleepers. But I don't really remember the actual torture of sleep deprivation now I do remember the late night snuggles though, and I remember them fondly. Now that i am way past that stage, it doesn't seem nearly as awful

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*shannon75 View Post
    This age is awful for sleeping. They are getting teeth constantly until 12-13 months and they are hitting so many new milestones everyday. I personally wouldn't even bother trying to change her schedule/cut out nursing/switch sleeping arrangements because it is just going to go right back to where you started until after they get all of their teeth. Hang in there It will get better. FWIW, I do remember going to playgroup every thursday and commiserating with a couple of my mom friends who were also blessed with 'not so great' sleepers. But I don't really remember the actual torture of sleep deprivation now I do remember the late night snuggles though, and I remember them fondly. Now that i am way past that stage, it doesn't seem nearly as awful
    I was so sleep deprived for like six months straight. The blessing is that the whole thing is a hazy memory now. Even when it comes to work - if someone asks me about something I did during that time, I'm likely to say, "What? I never worked on that!" The good part is that I can't remember how hard it was, either. I do remember the amazing all-night snuggles. The bad part is that, yeah, I didn't sleep for like six months.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I probably shouldn't be complaining quite yet, but my 3 month old is up every 1-2 hours. I know people say it's normal, but it seems to be more comfort sucking than actual eating, and I'm exhausted! I'm afraid I'm creating a bad habit by letting him nurse everytime he wakes up and that he won't learn to fall asleep on his own. Plus I have a cold and that makes me really, really miss the sleep. Can you tell I'm grumpy?
    7/28/11, weaned gently and gradually at 21 months

1/9/14, enjoying having a little nursling again

Comfort sucking is normal too

The last night I had a full night of sleep was probably in 2003 before I got pregnant

I have empty nester friends who tell me that once you are a mother, you don't sleep like you used to. You are listening always for the kids -- the babies, then toddlers and younger kids who might have a bad dream or be sick, then the teens sneaking out, and when they are gone, you miss the noise.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!