Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign of Un-readiness?

Default Sign of Un-readiness?

DD reached for and "got down" her first little stalk of broccoli 2 days ago.
    However, it showed up in her diaper pretty much unchanged. I would assume this means she hasn't quite gotten the chewing thing down...Should I keep offering for practice or back up?
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!

Default Re: Sign of Un-readiness?

Haha, I would keep offering. She can't be expected to get the chewing thing without practice.
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

Seeing un-chewed food in poop is not a sign of unreadiness. It's the norm for a baby who is just starting with solids. Expect to see many wonderful surprises in your kid's diaper over the next year or so. (Did you know that raisins turn back into grapes after a trip through a baby's digestive system? )
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Seeing un-chewed food in poop is not a sign of unreadiness. It's the norm for a baby who is just starting with solids. Expect to see many wonderful surprises in your kid's diaper over the next year or so. (Did you know that raisins turn back into grapes after a trip through a baby's digestive system? )
    Yum...Thank you!
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will

My fave was always blueberry scented diapers
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oakdryad5 View Post
    My fave was always blueberry scented diapers
    Oh Jebus, those are the freakin' WORST. How something as sweet as a blueberry can turn into such toxic poo truly puzzles me.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Oh Jebus, those are the freakin' WORST. How something as sweet as a blueberry can turn into such toxic poo truly puzzles me.
    She's been off blueberries since she got into her picky toddler phase...i kind of miss them.. you could definitely smell them from across the room though
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oakdryad5 View Post
    She's been off blueberries since she got into her picky toddler phase...i kind of miss them.. you could definitely smell them from across the room though
    Not looking forward to this...
    And I complained about EBF poop.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will

EBF poop is freaking beautiful compared with toddler poop!
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

EBF poop is a bouquet of roses. Give me that any day over the wave if stench that comes from a toddler diaper...