Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reglan vs domperidome

Default Reglan vs domperidome

hey mamas, im nursing my 6 week old little man and i dont have low supply, but i am having trouble building a frozen supply for date nights, shopping trips, daddy and big brother feeding time, etc. my dr gave me reglan, but i got on here and read several posts about it and now im hesitant to start taking it. i saw where several of you recommended domperidome. what do you all suggest and how would i go about getting domperidome since its not fda approved? obviously online, but i dont know anything about it or what a reputable site would be/how much to get and all that. any advice is greatly appreciated! TIA
    I'm Jamie, and im Proud to be:
    Carter's SAHM since 11-27-07 and now to Eli too, since 7-25-11
    Cody's Wife since 8-28-08

and and

my healthy boys don't get vaccines

Default Re: Reglan vs domperidome

Reglan made me incredibly tired, almost non functional. Dom worked great for me. I ordered it online. I'm not sure we are supposed to link to sites we ordered it from, since like you said, it is not fda approved. I started with the recommended dosage....however, you have to gradually wean off of it whent he time comes. Good luck.
    You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or who says it.
    Malcom X

being MORE tired is the last thing I need. could you private message me with the link maybe (if you are comfortable doing that)?

and and

http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/d...onewhere.shtml

Here is some info on it, including how to obtain it even in USA (Compounding Pharmacy)

I am reporting this post to mods. If inappropriate, please feel free to delete. I didn't link in any one foreign place for orders.
    You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or who says it.
    Malcom X

I've been told it is FDA approved but not commercially available. So if you were to get a prescription you'd take it to a compounding pharmacy but that is way expensive. I'd go with online. I get mine in Canada but I live 15 minutes away.

I don't think you really need it unless you have supply issues though. I NEED it now or else my supply tanks.

Reglan has serious side affects as a possibility, for true supply issues dom feels safer. I have not taken either. However can we give you tips to max pumping output? And excuse me for butting in but using a bottle unnecessarily could cause supply issues so if you want tips for nursing in public and/or bonding activities for dad and bro we'd be happy to help.
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

IMO, don't take the drugs unless you absolutely need to do it. There are other ways to build a stash of expressed milk- like pumping more often, pumping more consistently, using a better pump, trying herbal galactogogues like fenugreek and oatmeal- I suggest exhausting those avenues before taking the drug rute.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    IMO, don't take the drugs unless you absolutely need to do it. There are other ways to build a stash of expressed milk- like pumping more often, pumping more consistently, using a better pump, trying herbal galactogogues like fenugreek and oatmeal- I suggest exhausting those avenues before taking the drug rute.
    Totally agree with this. If you have exhausted all of your options and you are the crossroads of Reglan or Dom, I would vote for Dom.
    Malcom X

I do wish to point out that if you just wait a few months and in the meantime take baby with you, you don't need a big freezer stash I know that seems like an eternity, but I didn't have a freezer stash with 2 babies. I did with the first, and I never used it, simply because I found it a much, much bigger hassle to pump, store, thaw and feed expressed milk. So I had like a gallon of frozen milk that I ended up throwing away, and I learned and didn't pump and store milk with my subsequent children because we simply didn't need it. It was just easier to take baby with me everywhere and faster to just feed them myself and then have daddy and the older sibling(s) do their thing with baby. Even to the hairdresser; I found someone to take along to watch baby while I got my hair done. After a few months, baby will be OK without you for an hour or so, and you can have a caregiver offer some solids once baby is taking those well. [I only have a freezer stash with #4 because I have to EP. Otherwise, I'd not have bothered with it again.]

So you could avoid the issue altogether and just not worry about pumping. You don't HAVE to pump. That's a big fallacy. And nobody has to feed your baby in order to bond with baby.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

thanks for all the advice mamas!

and and