Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sksmom View Post
Does this sound really weird? My DS just turned 5 mo old and we'll be starting solids next month. I am feeling sad about it. I think I feel like it is the beginning of the end of BF. I fully plan on BF until he's ready to wean, so at least until a year or so, but I just think it will be different because I won't be his only food source. Like he won't need me. I think part of it is due to the fact that I had to EP and supplement for 2 months, so when I finally got him back to the breast and off supplements, it was so amazing for me. But I still feel like we lost out on 2 months of EBF. I know he'll love solids because he's already very interested when we're eating and he's tried to grab our food and drinks. I guess I just am curious if anyone else felt this way and how others BF relationships changed when they started solids. Thanks!!
You're not alone. I felt the same way then. I almost didn't want to start her on solids And every time she consistently nurses less or drops a feeding etc. I feel sad too. She's starting school next week (5 mornings/week) and will go whole mornings without nursing, and I'm counting down the mornings we're still nursing until then.