Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Supplements

Default Supplements

Hello, I've been taking Motherlove More Milk Special Blend and Go-Lacta as advised by my LC to up my milk production. We had a tough start at BFing and I didn't establish a sufficient supply because of it, so we were supplementing with formula. Thankfully, we are now 100% BM.

My question is, do I need to keep taking the supplements to keep my supply up, or is it safe to stop now that I'm producing enough? I'm almost out of both but I don't want to spend the money on new bottles if I don't need to.
    7/28/11, weaned gently and gradually at 21 months

1/9/14, enjoying having a little nursling again

Default Re: Supplements

As long as the baby is nursing well and you're not supplementing the baby with bottles, you should be fine to just drop the herbal supplements and let your baby maintain your supply. Congrats on ditching the formula!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Congrats on the 100% BM transition!

I don't have anything to add- the pp summed it up- I just wanted to congratulate you. I gave DS formula supplements at first because he would not latch (and I was poorly misguided) and when I finally cut out ALL formula it just felt SO GOOD.
    July 27 2011

We are able to nurse 100% of the time with no bottle (NEVER thought we'd get here), and I'm just pumping to get a small supply going for when I go back to work part-time. So it will be nice to stop taking 4 pills 3x a day!

Thanks, ladies, it feels amazing to be able to give my little guy everything he needs and know he is getting the best. These forums have been a huge help! Especially you mommal- you are an encyclopedia of BF knowledge!
    7/28/11, weaned gently and gradually at 21 months

1/9/14, enjoying having a little nursling again