Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fenugreek maple syrup smell

Default Fenugreek maple syrup smell

How long does it take to get the maple syrup smell with fenugreek? Ive been taking it for a week now, and every now and then I think I may smell smothing but its not real noticeable. I am taking 4 pills 3xday, I was taking 3 3xday, but had no smeel after about 4 days so the Lc recommended going to 4.

Also I read somewhere that the actual pills themselves smell sweet, mine are kind of sweet but not overly so.

Should I try a different brand, I am using Nature's way

Default Re: Fenugreek maple syrup smell

I've never gotten the smell either myself, but I notice a difference in milk production with 4 capsules 2-3 times a day.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I never take capsules, I use the seeds, and I swear I smell like maple syrup the next day (or even the same day). I even went to an herbalist once who sent me a mix of herbs and seeds (I didn't know there were a few fenugreek seeds in it, like really really few) and I smelled like maple syrup when I drank the infusion.
    Yai

Mamá de Aini 19-09-10 (or, for my English speaking folks: 09-19-10)

Pregúntame sobre pañales de tela Ask me about cloth diapers!

How do you use the seeds? Where do you find them? at the health food store?

I live in Panama, but I get them at a sort of natural drug store. I guess you could find them at a health food store. I think you can find them under different names (I only know fenugreek and methi (for indian food)), in the ethnic food aisle or something.

You can just drink them with water or juice. You could also put it in hot water so it softens. In my case, I would mix it with my oatmeal or my yogurt (I have a problem swallowing some stuff). You can take them anyway you like, you can even cook them but I suppose that could make them loose its properties or something, I don't really know.

I know you should take 1/2 -1 teaspoon, 3 times per day, as it says in http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...fenugreek.html. But I only took around 1/2, 2 times a day and I smelled right away .
    Yai

Mamá de Aini 19-09-10 (or, for my English speaking folks: 09-19-10)

Pregúntame sobre pañales de tela Ask me about cloth diapers!

asked my dh tonight and he said that he could smell it so maybe its working. When I run out of pills I will try the seeds next time.