Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Renting pumps?

Default Renting pumps?

Where can you rent pumps? I am in Sacramento, ca and need to rent a pump, donthave the money to buy one right now sadly any suggestions?

Default Re: Renting pumps?

Many hospitals rent pumps or will refer you to a local business who will. Can you call one of the nurses where you gave birth (assuming you had a hospital birth here). Or ... I live in the Bay Area, and here, many baby supply stores rent pumps, especially locally owned places. So I would do a little Google searching and call around.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Are you eligible for WIC? My understanding is that they give out pumps. I'd consider buying a pump if you're planning to use it long term. My rental pump cost $3 a day and I kept it for 3 months- I could have bought myself a VERY nice double electric pump by the end of all that.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Do you really need a pump? I saw in another post that your baby is 4 days old. You should be in bed. Nursing.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Check at WIC. Most (should be all, actually) WIC projects have a loaner-pump program that allows for participants to use a hospital-grade electric pump at no charge.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!