Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Strange sensation in right breast!

Exclamation Strange sensation in right breast!

Hello! For the past two days I have been experiencing a weird "vibrating" sensation in my right breast. I nursed my first daughter, Nola, for 19 months and never experienced anything like it. My second daughter, Izzy, is 5 months old and has nursed without any problems at all. The sensation isn't causing me any pain; I would compare it to the feeling of gas moving through your intestines. It also doesn't seem to be affecting my milk supply. I've googled it and haven't found anything. I thought maybe this is a common occurrence among nursing mothers. I hope to hear from some one soon!

Thanks!

DeeAnn

Default Re: Strange sensation in right breast!

I have never had a feeling like that before.. that is interesting though. maybe a pectoral muscle spasm?
    July 27 2011

Have not experienced it either, but I would think either a spasm or nerve twitching. When I was pregnant, I did experience a similar sensation in my stomach (felt like a pager going off inside), and my OB said it was the nerves reacting to the changes. Maybe this is your case only in your breast????

Ha! I felt something very similar yesterday for the first time! It felt like a spasm/twitch on the breast and it reached my stomach too. I felt this when I was feeding her during the night. I have absolutely no idea what and why this is, but at least we're not alone!

When do you feel this? When nursing? How often?
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

I used to feel a tingly sensation in my left breast. I talked to my OB about it, and after determining it occurred after feeding we decided i wasn't latching my twins on the left as well as the right (probably since I am right handed). I worked on the latch and the tingly feeling went away. Could it be a poor latch on one side?