Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How often?

Default How often?

Today we practiced with a bottle with my 7 week old. He did good so my question is how often do we need to do this? I am going back to work when he is 11 weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Nathan 5/08 Relactated for him and he got EBM for a year
    Mom to Jack 8/11

Default Re: How often?

Maybe just once a week. I had one baby who took a bottle well at 2 months, but when I went back to work at 4-5 months, he refused! He would only take this one bottle and that not well. So practice a bit, but dont knock yourself out.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: How often?

i did it about once or twice a week and had someone other than myself give the bottle. Some babies go back and forth between breast and bottle really easily and some not so much. I think I increased the frequency two weeks before i had to go back to work to make sure it wasn't going to be a problem - sort of tried to have him have a bottle when I would be at work (and pumped in place). Good luck - sometimes you have to play round with the type of bottle if you have a really picky one.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it