Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Connection between food and thrush?

Default Connection between food and thrush?

I am curious... is there a connection between what you eat and your chances of getting thrush? If you eat yeast-rich foods, will it make you more prone?

Maybe I'm being overly cautious... but ever since I found out (on this board) that there's a connection between saturated fats and clogged ducts, I've been very conscious about this.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Default Re: Connection between food and thrush?

Sugar, starches, and carbs can feed yeast. So if you come down with thrush, it's good to cut them from your diet. Many of those things are found in foods that are fermented or have yeast, breads, vinegars, wine even tempeh and tamari. I don't know that they will necessarily cause a yeast overgrowth. But eating them in moderation with a well balanced diet of whole foods certainly won't hurt you.

And that's interesting about the clogged ducts. I didn't know that!!
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

Default Re: Connection between food and thrush?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jezebel View Post
    And that's interesting about the clogged ducts. I didn't know that!!
    I was so glad one of the mamas here pointed this out to me (thanks, Susan! ). My last clog came after I had been eating a lot of coconut bars, which--I didn't realize--have so much saturated fat. So, now I want to be proactive! I really miss Marmite, though, which is basically a yeast spread, and that's why I was wondering.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one