Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Support breast while feeding??

Default Support breast while feeding??

Heya, Just wondering, should I be supporting my breast while I am feeding my baby?

Thanks for your tips!

Default Re: Support breast while feeding??

I find the latch more comfortable when I support my breast while feeding DD. You can also roll up a washcloth or receiving blanket and put it under your breast if you want a free hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy View Post
    have a look at utterly yours pillows, so much better than a wash rag!!!

Oh my that is brillant! Thanks for posting that!! I will be buying one for sure! I also find supporting the breast is helpful.

If you are large breasted, supporting your breast for latching & feeding can be very helpful. I have large breasts and I always support my breast. I was holding it with my hand but then I found that I would squeeze it without realizing it - and that could lead to holding back milk and possibly clogged ducts, so I try to use the rolled up cloth diaper or whatever is handy - it props up my breast so DD's little head doesn't get dragged down by the weight of my breast. Also, it frees up my hand.

Ah, the things we talk about on these boards. Can you imagine having this conversation outside of the boards or LLL meetings?