Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yup I am preggo-nursing while pregnant?

Default Re: yup I am preggo-nursing while pregna

I started pumping in July when I returned to work. Lesson learned. But no sense of beating myself up about it now. I did also use mini pill all of July but have sex a few times in August (and used a condom one of the times) thinking there was no way I could get pregnant. Well hear I am! I have no idea fertility was returning. I didn't get a period or anything. Now I know.

Yep. For next time, look into FAM.

Something to know... If your supply comes up, there could be a problem with the pregnancy. Just FYI. That happened to me. I was delighted. It was because the baby died at the end of the first trimester, and when most moms lose their supply, I suddenly had more. I lost the baby 2 days later.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*june2011ftm View Post
    I started pumping in July when I returned to work. Lesson learned. But no sense of beating myself up about it now. I did also use mini pill all of July but have sex a few times in August (and used a condom one of the times) thinking there was no way I could get pregnant. Well hear I am! I have no idea fertility was returning. I didn't get a period or anything. Now I know.
    No, of course not. And I wasn't pointing it out to you or trying to make you feel bad. It's in hopes that a new mama reads this and knows that it can happen. And why it can happen.

I will say that, although it can be rough at first, almost every single mom I know that has gone through such a quick pregnancy after giving birth is grateful that it happened. They are glad their children are so close in age and it makes some parts of parenting easier. Like the children always being at the same stage.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn