Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: am i doomed for formula?

Default Re: am i doomed for formula?

Medela is letting me try another pump so I will give that a try. I guess I can suck it up and test. Dh is away for work this month so at least if it is positive I can have a little time to accept it before he returns.

Thanks ladies!

I think trying a different pump is a good idea. I also just wanted to comment on the Fenugreek. I used Fenugreek for quite a while to boost supply while pumping. I regularly used this brand with good results:

http://www.drugstore.com/natures-way...srch=fenugreek

One day I decided to try a different brand from my local health food store. I noticed a dip in supply within a day or so. I went back to my old brand (link above) and supply went right back up within 24 hours. My point being that there may be some variability in the effectiveness of different brands of herbs. Couldn't hurt to try another brand. Just remember that ANY breast milk you baby gets is a good thing!
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Check for pregnancy, and try a different pump.

When you are home on weekends, is baby satisfied by nursing?
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastf...roduction.html
    Have you checked out this video on hand expressing while pumping??

Well you were right, I am pregnant. I cannot believe this!!!! I took the mini pill all of July, barely had sex in August, and DH wasaway for work all of Sept!!! Oh wow. I'm going to try to remain positive though!

Congratulations!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Nathan 5/08 Relactated for him and he got EBM for a year
    Mom to Jack 8/11

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*june2011ftm View Post
    Well you were right, I am pregnant. I cannot believe this!!!! I took the mini pill all of July, barely had sex in August, and DH wasaway for work all of Sept!!! Oh wow. I'm going to try to remain positive though!
    Hi, my name is Durhamgrrl and I have been where you are. I'm sorry this is the way it happened but congratulations. We have a 2 under 2 commonalty thread. Try to relax you can do this.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.