Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sick, diet issue, or teeth? (green poop)

Default Sick, diet issue, or teeth? (green poop)

Calico baby is 14 weeks and has recently started having the occasional green poo. Today is was thicker than normal for her, and a tiny bit bubbly (but not what I'd consider frothy) She has been extra drool-y (I know saliva production kicks up a notch anyway around this age, but the waterfall that pours from her mouth seems a bit extreme even for that). She has a temp of 99 today and shes been mildly congested a few days. She eats fine most of the time, and sleeps a ton. She doesn't seem overly upset. She wants to mouth/chew everything. I can't think of anything in my diet that has changed, though we did have asparagus last night.
    I have not experience OALD or oversupply so far.

My first daughter never fussed, never drooled, never had a fever, never got cranky or sick, so this all feels like new territory for me. Thoughts?
    ERF, EH and sometimes a bit of a mom to my 5 yo Monkey and the Calico baby

Default Re: Sick, diet issue, or teeth? (green p

Thoughts...don't worry about it Honestly, I would not sweat what you are describing.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I agree, doesn't sound like much to me. Stay aware and look for discomfort or an unhappy baby. Disposition is always the first symptom I look for.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kst.7399 View Post
    I agree, doesn't sound like much to me. Stay aware and look for discomfort or an unhappy baby. Disposition is always the first symptom I look for.
    The only problem with that is that she's always had a cranky disposition A friend said she "has opinions about things" ...her opinion usually consists of "This sucks!" Lol
    ERF, EH and sometimes a bit of a mom to my 5 yo Monkey and the Calico baby

Well there are the babies that are very vocal about what's bothering them and others that no matter what you do they cry and whine. The second is the one you worry about.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn