Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would like to start nursing

Default Re: Would like to start nursing

It's hard to say. Every woman is going to respond differently to a given herb or drug. If you don't smell like maple syrup, then either you're not taking enough or the fenugreek pills are stale. You might want to get some fenugreek seed, which tends to be both cheaper anfpd fresher than the pills. You can often find it in the grocery store in with the Indian spices (look for bags of yellow seed labelled "methi"), and you can also find it online.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

im taking 4 pills 3xday I have taken this dose for 3 days now, i was taking 3 3xday. I have been using the fenugreek for about a week now.

How do you use the seeds?

1. Swallow them dry, or
    2. Put a teaspoon of seed in boiling water, drink the resultant tea, and then swallow the softened seeds, or
    3. Grind the seed up and eat it or make a tea from it
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"

thanks, i'll look for them

Hello ladies!

Fabulous news! I found some fenugreek seeds over the weekend and starting taking them. I think its working, because I got about 1/2 tsp today from one side and a little less than that from the other. YAY! I am so excited.

Fantastic! Keep up the good work. How is it going with the pumping? Are you able to maintain your enthusiasm for making that happen? Because even if you feel like you're pumping a dry well, that stimulation is sending the message to your body to get busy.

I have been doing pretty good with pumping. Its definitely more exciting to pump when you can see milk coming out. At least I know its working. I am planning relactation bootcamp over the weekend. Still trying to get baby to latch on more often. maybe now that there is something there he may taste a little bit and want to suck some.

I was able to get some breast milk in the SNS and feed my baby with it. He latched on and sucked. getting a little more milk each time I pump.

Quick Update: I have been able to pump enough to replace one formula bottle the last 3 days

That's awesome! You're making great progress, mama. Seriously, cutting out one entire bottle of formula is a great stride towards your goal, and even if you never mak it farther than that it's a huge achievement.