Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Showing sings of hunger but won't eat.

Default Showing sings of hunger but won't eat.

My two month old baby girl will start fussing and sucking on her hands but when I try to feed her she wont eat. I have been having to put her to sleep and when I lay her down she will eat. It seems if I put her to sleep that she is just running off instincts. Am I force feeding her? Is she really hungry when she's showing these signs or does she just want to suck? She has been gaining well, she is 15 1/2lbs. I have been considering a pacifier but I really don't want to do it. Any suggestions would be fantastic, thanks alot.
    Last edited by @llli*mountainmama; October 5th, 2011 at 04:43 PM.

Default Re: Showing sings of hunger but won't ea

Not to worry, Mama- you can't force-feed a breastfed baby. If she isn't hungry she won't suck hard enough to generate more than a trickle of milk. It sounds like she knows what she wants: for you to lie down with her and nurse/snuggle her to sleep. If you're happy to help her transition to sleep like that, just keep doing it, no need for a pacifier!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Showing sings of hunger but won't ea

Thank you so much for your reply. I think I just needed a little reassurance. I'm pretty sure she is just going through a phase. Thank you again, it is so nice to know that there is someone I can turn to with me questions.