Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good Experiences at Work

Default Re: Good Experiences at Work

Shelly, I wish I had read your advice when I was still pumping! Would have saved so much time!! I washed everything at night at home every.single.night. boo! If I end up having to pump again I'm definately not doing all that every night!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    Shelly, I wish I had read your advice when I was still pumping! Would have saved so much time!! I washed everything at night at home every.single.night. boo! If I end up having to pump again I'm definately not doing all that every night!
    I did wash and sterilize some parts at work, because I didn't like putting refrigerated cold flanges on my nipples. They're nice and toasty out of the sterilizer bag.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

they warmed up fast
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

I have done the refrigerated pump parts when pumping at home (I work from home once day a week), but never put then in the communal fridge at work. I suppose I could try that, cover the parts up and stick them in the back so people don't have to move them around to get to their lunch I try to make my milk as inconspicuous as possible in the shared refrigerator because I don't want people feeling like then need to tiptoe around it or anything.

Usually I rinse with warm water after morning pumping, then wash with soapy water after afternoon pumping, then sanitize every weekend. Those Medela microwave sanitizer bags changed my life. Seriously.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Right. But it would change again pretty majorly if you didn't have to do those first two steps every day wouldn't it?

Way too lazy for formula