Re: Troubles Breastfeeding, New mommy, H
Welcome and congratulations on the new baby! The PP had some excellent questions for you. I'd like to add a few more:
- When you feel pain, is it just () a 10-30 second burst of pain, after which nursing becomes pain-free, or is the feeding painful the whole way through?
- When the baby comes off the breast, what shape is the nipple? Is it elongated and symmetrical or cylindrical, like a pencil eraser, or elongated but asymmetrical or wedged, like a new lipstick?
- Do you have a lactation consultant available to you, preferably an IBCLC? When you have a newborn and a latch issue, e's nothing better than hands-on help!
- How has your baby's diaper output been? (number of wets and poops in a 24 hour period)
- How much supplement are you offering, and is it supplemental breastmilk that you have produced, or are you using formula?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"