Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skim Milk????

Default Re: Skim Milk????

lol! Sounds like my DH! He won't let me NIP either. I'm always trying to track down mother's rooms. He won't even let me nurse in the car... Sometimes I think he is trying to keep me in the house! lol, it doesn't matter to much though, my little guy is such a loud fussy eater I wouldn't want to NIP anyway. HE's constantly de-latching and spryaing milk everywere. I couldn't emagine doing that in a restaraunt while trying to eat my dinner!I am jelouse though! maybe the next time...

I'm sorry, but I have really big issues with anyone "letting" you do anything You are your own person.

The nursing relationship is between mommy and baby. The end.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have really big issues with anyone "letting" you do anything You are your own person.

As a FT pumping mom who used to BF, I can totally attest that
    A) nobody can see anything anyway
    B) practice makes perfect
    C) it's not a man's call on how your baby is fed. Stand up for yourself because
    D) bottles are much more work
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    As a FT pumping mom who used to BF, I can totally attest that
    A) nobody can see anything anyway
    B) practice makes perfect
    C) it's not a man's call on how your baby is fed. Stand up for yourself because
    D) bottles are much more work
    to everything above, particularly C. Men can only make rules about when and how you feed your child if you let them. And you do not have to let them.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I have seen the hooter hiders. I Need to get one

My hubby just freaks out if I NIP, he keeps telling me cover up and quit showing everyone.................I don't. See he comes from a society that women do not ever NIP, if they do society looks down on them as something bad. He loves the fact that i BF. I BF our older ds for 26 months and he is supporting me 100% again with LO. BUT it is the nursing in the car and freezing milk tht is a battle.
    Are there any articles on freezing Breast Milk and how it does NOT harm the nutrients of it?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post

A million to this. My husband used to be very uncomfortable with NIP. However after some practice at home and figuring out what clothing worked best for me, I just went ahead and NIP without any warning to him. He saw that there was nothing to it, and it's no longer an issue for him.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*knitmama View Post
    HE's constantly de-latching and spryaing milk everywere. I couldn't emagine doing that in a restaraunt while trying to eat my dinner!I am jelouse though! maybe the next time...
    I have had crazy OALD from the get go, and while it can make NIP a little more difficult, it can still be done without spraying across a restaurant. Nursing under a cover keeps the spray contained, as does nursing in a carrier. I prefer nursing in a carrier because it is far more discreet once you get he hang of it. I loved our ring sling when my son was very little, and I wouldn't survive without our Ergo now that he is bigger.