Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I never feel letdown - is this weird?

Default I never feel letdown - is this weird?

I read in a link that some women don't feel letdown. I never do. I just wantd to know if anyone else experiences this too??

I hear stories about moms who hear babies crying and all of a sudden their milk lets down and they start leaking like mad.

I don't leak either. I can sleep in just a tee shirt at night and wake up with no stains or wet spots on my shirt. My breast pads are never wet when I change them. My breast shields almost never collect milk (* except for the Avent shields - I think b/c of how they are positioned they put pressure right where DD would latch, so those do make me leak).

Again, this is why I worry about supply - but, as I have been told & reassured many times, her weight is good, her diapers are good and she eats like a champ most times.

Just wanted to know if other moms have these issues too.

Default Re: I never feel letdown - is this weird?

Add me too! never feel it either! Also when I pump I see it happen just don't feel it. Very normal! I never leak either! And I know Chloe gets plenty, she is getting so chubby! I love it! Totally normal Debi.

Same Here!! It is nice to know other are in the same boat.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Thanks moms - I was hoping to get responses like that!!!

I felt it yesterday for the first time in my left breast during one feeding, but never felt it again before this or after....

Me neither - and no leaking here either. It really concerned me at first, however I know by her size and her diapers that dd is getting tons to eat!!

I still do not feel a let down and if i didnt see it when i pumped i would still think i didnt have one!

No need to brag. Just be grateful. At 9mo, I still have an uncomfortable let down. Be grateful about not leaking too. It causes many women a great deal of discomfort and embarassement. I don't think it's wierd at all, just lucky.

I never felt mine with my first, and with my second, I only felt it for the first few weeks.

Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

I never feel my letdown either, and I also don't leak. I've only leaked and had a painful letdown my first week back at work when I learned the recommended pump 3x's a day and both breast quickly got me into oversupply territory. THEN I leaked, sprayed, felt really painful letdown, you name it for about 3 days.

I wouldn't worry about it, I did at first too. It's completely normal, many women never feel it and never leak. I know the milk is there and as other pumping mommies say I can surely see it when I pump. I single side pump and can easily pump 5-8 ounces from one breast, so I KNOW the milk is there ;-)

I'm wondering if your LO is a one breast per feeding kind of kiddo too?
    Last edited by LunaticLibrarian; November 6th, 2006 at 09:44 PM.

My Little Reverse Cyclers
    *DS born July 2006, nursed 3 yrs 10 mos!
    *DD born January 2011, happily nursing and bucking the bottle just like big brother
    *One Angel baby we sadly never met July 2009

Happily married to an amazing man who puts up with all my craziness since 1999.