Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG - Why Won't She Sleep?!?!?

Default Re: OMG - Why Won't She Sleep?!?!?

Lots of good advice. I second the swaddling idea, wearing your baby lots, and generally adjusting your expectations to fit your reality (because what's the alternative, you know? ). The reality is, no one promised mothers great nights of sleep! Quite the opposite. But given that your baby was such a good sleeper, chances are good that she will always be a pretty decent (if not great) sleeper. This may be a fluke - every child has bad nights. Teething can cause lots of bad nights.

When Susan said "Bad sleepers turn into horrible sleepers," she was talking about me. It's really hard, but I'm here as proof that you CAN survive it, and live to tell the tale, and even laugh about it.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Kaylex - I never thought about it the way you said something new and exciting might be brewing developmentally. I like that way of thinking! My DD is starting to flop to one side when we play on our play mat so maybe we're gearing up for rolling over completely?

I am hopefully getting out tonight with a girlfriend, DH I think is trying to surprise me but my girlfriend let it slip so that will be nice for a few hours even though I know I will be thinking of my DD the whole time...

As far as swaddling, we do that every night but recently she's been getting her one arm free no matter how securely she's all wrapped up. I'm starting to wonder if the swaddling days are numbered.

Getting mixed thoughts from family on a convertible car seat, when do you know to hang to one?

Thanks for all the input ladies! You guys are my breath of fresh air most days!
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

We have had convertible car seats from birth. We have the Radian XTSL and the First Years True Fit. He seems to prefer the radian, but he likes both. What do you use to swaddle? We had tried to stop because our son was breaking out of it and we figured he didn't want it anymore. But he didn't sleep well when we stopped so we went back, and now we only swaddle him when he is already asleep or almost asleep. This seems to help with the breaking out. Also, we use the miracle blanket (which he has almost out grown eek!).

We use SwaddleMe, I was going to try a different one when we had to bump up to a large but because none of the stores carried large in other brands, I'm still using the one brand. I'm thinking though here in a few months when she starts rolling over I will stop using it.
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

You can use a convertible seat from birth. There are many seats that fit smaller infants very well. I have Radians, an Evenflo and something else I can't remember the name of, and all fit my babies quite well RFing until they are over two (at which time they outgrow the height requirement).

JoMo, I was also talking about us. Logan, our third, was a bad sleeper from birth. Then, he turned into a horrible sleeper, waking at least, at least, nine time a night. Even cosleeping. He would wake and just cry. Didn't want to nurse. Then we would settle him back down, and an hour later, he was up fussing again. I think I handled it OK until he was about 9 months old, and then I posted a thread. He was like that for about 6 more months, and now he sleeps really well (once he goes to bed -- at MIDNIGHT). So it does pass. And he is almost three.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I can almost rewrite your post word for word expect my little on is 5 months (4/22/11) and her name is Addison also in the beginning she sleep good and for 4-6 hrs through the night and around 3 months her naps got shorter and she started sleeping really light! It got better about 2 weeks after when she finally cut her 2 bottom teeth and mastered rolling over. Now that we are at 5 months she takes no naps during the day and sleeps from 11p to 7am and wakes every 1.5-2 hrs. It is very tiresome!! I went to the drs today and she thinks it is because she has almost mastered crawling and her top 2 teeth are coming in. If I didnt co-sleep now Id be a zombie!!! But I just keep telling myself that this to shall pass!! The only thing that seemed to help a little was a routine (which now has gone out the window!) and lavender oil, I washed some in her pjs and on the sheets! Good luck Momma and it will end hopefully sooner than later!!!