Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: freestyle issues

Default freestyle issues

Hi,
    I am trying to slowly build up a supply for when I go back to work in November, But I am have issues spilling milk out the back cap of my medela freestyle. I used a pump instyle DS and upgraded to a freestyle with DD. I got use to leaning forward with the pump instyle to have the milk in the breastshield work it's way down into the bottle but when I do that with the freestyle I've lost ounces out the backcap. After washing the parts I think I putting it back together right (it looks like the manual picture and it has good suction) any ideas? It's so fustrating to be covered in milk!!!

Default Re: freestyle issues

I found that I really needed to make sure I got all the parts correctly lined up and snapped together securely.

What happens if you sit up more instead of leaning forward?

And - have you tried calling Medela? I've had good experiences with their customer service support.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

I've been trying to duplicate what you are talking about, and I cannot. A call to Medela may be what you need to resolve this issue
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I get so used to multitasking with the freestyle that I bend over and yup, loose ounces. I have just resigned to staying upright, bending at the knees if I need anything. What's worse is I exclusively pump, so baby tangos with my cords and horns, spills more, and it drives me nuts. Doesn't he understand it's all for him?!