Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *sigh* Tooth Decay

Default Re: *sigh* Tooth Decay

I don't know if you would be interested in a dietary approach, but this article is interesting. http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co...rsal-diet.html
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*duckpond View Post
    I don't know if you would be interested in a dietary approach, but this article is interesting. http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co...rsal-diet.html
    That is interesting. We do give extra vitamin D, but I don't know how successful we would be with changing his diet. He is so picky as it is.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jeremijasmommy View Post
    Jeremija had early discoloration on his front teeth and we were told it was a birth defect where he was born with too little enamel - nothing to do with nursing at all. Getting them fixed was a big, expensive ordeal though. Alek does not have the same issue, it's just all about the individual genes.
    Colton has one tooth that is all pitted and has looked odd since it came in. We opted to leave it alone, as he'll be losing his teeth in another year or so.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Are you sure it's not the floradix? Because I know iron supplements can be the culprit, and with Levi being anemic, you were probably giving him a decent amount?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

He does take the floradix daily. However, I don't think it is, because he had the white areas on his teeth at his last appointment which they said is very, very early signs of decay, and the discoloration is in those same spots.
    Beth

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Samiha View Post
    He does take the floradix daily. However, I don't think it is, because he had the white areas on his teeth at his last appointment which they said is very, very early signs of decay, and the discoloration is in those same spots.
    WHite area's? like at the top of the gum line?

My dd has this as well, they called it decalcification?. We floss as well as brush her teeth twice a day, She has had them since almost the mark and she is over 2 now and the amount of decalcification has not spread on that tooth or to any other teeth. The dentist thinks it is genetic with my DD since it is only on one of her of her front teeth, not on any other teeth or molars he just suggested we keep doing what we're doing and make sure we really get the gum line when brushing and coming in for check-ups just to keep an eye on it. i'm hoping it just stays the way it is and doesn't get worse and by the time she gets her adult teeth in that it doesn't happen again. We also upp'd her calcium intake just in case thats what it is but she doesn't actually seem to be lacking in it at all.
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

Okay, so I feel kind of silly now because we brought the kids to the dentist, and all it was that we were seeing on Levi's teeth was some pitting and staining of his teeth. I guess he has some pitting that according to the dentist he would have had since his teeth came in, and maybe the staining IS from the Floradix. He doesn't have any cavities, but the dentist did say that because of the pitting and his reflux he is vulnerable to tooth decay, so we do have to keep an eye on it. Other than that, both of the kids have really healthy teeth.

I really liked this dentist too, and Levi actually let them look at his teeth without crying, which completely shocked me!

I feel silly for worrying so much about this.
    Beth

Excellent!
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Good news!!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Oh YAY!

Way too lazy for formula