Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pissy during night nursing

Default Pissy during night nursing

I am not sure how to explain this, but lately I have been getting super rage-y at night.

I'm not sure if it has to do with night nursing, because some nights I don't mind nursing, and some nights I'm pissed! I can't sleep while my son nurses because it's seriously irritating at night. I'm like "ugh get OFF ME!!". The weird thing is it seems to happen more often after longer stretches of sleep. 3+ hours.

The other night I woke up so hot and angry and I was going to wake up my DH and tell him off for leaving the clothes in the washer. wtf?

Is this hormones? It happened a bit around 6 mos, went away, but it's getting more and more frequent.
    Carmen-Noel mum to James born naturally 8/28/2010.
    Mommy's little pumpkin head

We love our amber necklace from @llli*expat-mum. PM her for the most beautiful effective teething aide we've found!

Default Re: Pissy during night nursing

that happens to me around ovulation time. hormones are my guess too. the night nursing will give me creepy crawlies like to just push her off already. the husband rage is slightly more often.. that might not be all hormones
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

My tolerance for Joe's night nursing is way low when I'm PMSing, and at other times when I'm just exhausted. When I'm hormonal, or when Joe is teething, the actual sensation gets really irritating and sets my teeth on edge.

But also, after a year plus of sleep deprivation, I'd say it's hard enough to nurse your baby half the night, without having to be overjoyed about it too! So don't get too hard on yourself if you're not loving every second, you know? Night nursing is hard. Now, I'm not saying you should express your rage to your baby (obviously), but it's okay to have these moments where you're like, OMG!! And then other times, it's like the best snuggle-fest ever. I think that's really normal.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Well, I am so glad to read this thread! It is 3:30am here and I have a 7 month old who is teething and only sleeping if my boob is in his mouth. The situation is so irritating to me physically (nails on chalkboard feeling) that I got out of bed with the baby, woke my husband up and told him if I have a heart attack from not ever sleeping that I hope he has fun with the life insurance money (!?) and stomped up the stairs to at least do something other than lay in the dark angry.

Now the baby is back asleep on my lap, I am wide awake and can't get back to sleep and I feel guilty for snapping at my husband for no reason in the middle of the night.

Ahh.. this is fun isn't it?! Good luck! I hope you get some rest soon.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*cherron View Post
    The situation is so irritating to me physically (nails on chalkboard feeling) that I got out of bed with the baby, woke my husband up and told him if I have a heart attack from not ever sleeping that I hope he has fun with the life insurance money (!?) and stomped up the stairs to at least do something other than lay in the dark angry.

Your DH and my DH, well, I'm sure they could share some stories if they ever met. This cracks me up. Because it sounds like something I would say.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.