Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She weaned...

Default Re: She weaned...

I teared up as I read your story. What a beautiful ending to your nursing relationship with your daughter! How lucky you are to have has that closeness for such a long time! Well done Mamma!
    Mirkka

Mama to DD born September 7, 2010, and DS born October 28, 2012 and Wife to DH July 5, 2008

We love and love

It sounds like you and your daughter made this decision TOGETHER, which is fitting for a relationship that does involve two people. And you provided her (and yourself) with such lovely closure. Wonderful.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Thank you again. I so much appreciate the comments letting me know it was a joint decision. I was feeling like I had somehow “made” her do this. It has now been almost a week. She sees her little brothers nursing and does not ask, but sometimes she tells me that she misses her “nursey”. Hugs and cuddle time are especially important to her right now.

I love this place – so supportive and helpful!

What a lucky girl! I'm going through some of the same emotions right now, too. My DD will be 4 in November and has started going up to a week at a time without asking for milk. There's no doubt that I'm dry, even though she swears up and down that there's still a drink inside. Her latch is funny now that's hardly nursing and it kind of gives me the heebie jeebies. Still, I feel bad telling her no. It's a HUGE milestone, and parenting is so different with a child whom milk isn't the cure-all. We have not failed them, though.

tears.. I was thinking of beginning to wean my 2 year old and then I read this.. I don't think I can do it.
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09