Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She weaned...

Default She weaned...

So after 5 yrs, 3 months, and 1 day - my DD (first child) weaned. The worst thing is I somehow feel like I failed her. She nursed through 2 pregnancies and triandum nursed (with 2 little brothers) for basically the last 18 months. At the beginning of September, I showed her the calendar and asked what day she wanted to wean. She picked the very last day (smart girl). So, last night we rocked and nursed one last time. I sang to her all the songs I sang over the last 5+ years. I was crying by the time I sang the "pop off" song. She was crying too (although I think it was because I was crying). She asked me if I missed her being a baby. I said no - I love the person she is now and wouldn't trade it for anything. I told her I was sad that part of our relationship was over and I would miss nursing her. We hugged and cuddled and she fell asleep. It was a special memory.

I just feel like I failed because I so wanted it to be her choice. And it was clearly me encouraging her to wean. I recently found out I was pregnant again, and there is no way I can nurse 3 kids through a pregnancy. I somehow feel like I failed, even though I know I didn't.

Wow, if I feel like this with my first weaning - what is it going to feel like when I nurse for the very last time ever?
    Last edited by @llli*chargermom; October 1st, 2011 at 05:55 PM.

Default Re: She weaned...

Oh, mama. What a beautiful and sad occasion. And what a lucky little girl.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

WOW 5 years...that is AMAZING and yes she is one lucky little girl.
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

you failed?????oh come on nowwww!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING MAMAAAA!!!! 5 years!!!!woohooo!!!!
    Vasilios was born 16th November 2008,
    Sergios was born 1st December 2010
    we and from day 1...

That sounds really sweet and really special. What a beautiful way for nursing to end, we should all hope for such a sweet ending
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Thank you. You are all so supportive and I appreciate so much the reassurance.

That is awesome!!!!!! Congrats momma, and I will say that it is really special to have a child who will always remember nursing.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Such a beautiful story!!! Thank you for sharing
    Mommy to
    Ava 9.24.08 self weaned at 2.5
    August 8.19.11 still nursing, trying to wean gently
    Abram 9.12.13

Oh mama, for me your story is like that from a book. So so beautiful. Your daughter is very lucky to have nursed so long, and I for one think you are lucky too to have a daughter that nursed for so long she can talk about it with you in the way she did and will remember about nursing. I so wish we can be like you!

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

Your story made me cry! What a beautiful memory for the two of you.