Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crying and spit up

Default Re: crying and spit up

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*carmen.arizona View Post
    I just noticed that babylove's daughter who had tons of spitups has a dairy allergy!
    Yes but watching what you ate 4 hours before will not indicate if it is a dairy allergy. Dairy will stay in your system for 2 weeks after the last time you injested it.

Spit up alone does not indicate allergy to me. It can be A sign of an allergy yes. But alone no. Spit up to a certain extent is normal. I wouldn't recommend cutting out dairy on a whim. It's tough. You have to cut out ALL dairy including hidden dairy and traces of for 2 weeks + before you can be sure that it is making a difference. If there are other signs of an allergy then I would recommend that the OP see an allergist.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

My Daughter is 10 wks and the dr. is doing an ultrasound. I was told that nursing and eating can give the baby more gas. SHe does have GERD and on zantac.

Thanks again for all of the advice. I was wondering if any of you have ever tried using Colic Calm. I was just reading reviews of it and it seems like a lot of people have had pretty good luck with it helping reflux.