Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Night time fussiness?

Default Night time fussiness?

With milk supply being lower in the evening, my almost 7 wk old gas been having fussy evenings this week. Last night I switched her from breast to breast but nothing. I walked around with her and she kept calm so I assumed she wasn't hungry. Then she fussed again and I gave her 1 oz of expressed milk and she drank it of course and cried when I stooped. Didn't have more since the rest of my stash is frozen.

She seemed overly tired so I rocked her a bit and she fell asleep. Is this fussiness normal at night?
    It's quite easy to question milk supply when this happens.

Default Re: Night time fussiness?

Very normal for 7 weeks! I recall my DS having his fussy time consistently between 6-8 pm when he was that age (as soon as we were ready to eat dinner!). Sometimes it's hunger, sometimes I think it's just their way of coping with the new world they're in. If she's going through a growth spurt, she'll want to nurse non-stop, so let her, it will stimulate an increase in your supply. I recall having to do a lot of walking and rocking during that time as the movement and holding was the only thing that calmed him, and sometimes he would still fuss. It gets better as they get older, usually around 12 weeks.

Default Re: Night time fussiness?

Thank you I don't mind nursing her often when she's fussy...but based on the few let downs I don't think she's getting much and is looking for more. However my gut tell me its that newborn fussiness