Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: sol-u-medrol safe?

Default sol-u-medrol safe?

Just went to the dr and got a shot of sol u medrol dr said is was a class b? and i could feed her with in 30 mins and then skip a feeding and pump and dump? Is this true?

Default Re: sol-u-medrol safe?

you can check out motherrisk.com or get ahold of a lll leader.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

According to Davis' Drug Guide, 12th edition - solu-medrol is safe for breastfeeding except in the case of chronic, long-term use. I wouldn't pump and dump if it were me, I'd just nurse.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    According to Davis' Drug Guide, 12th edition - solu-medrol is safe for breastfeeding except in the case of chronic, long-term use. I wouldn't pump and dump if it were me, I'd just nurse.
    It's a steroid, and steroid are compatible with breastfeeding.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I checked Hale and it says it depends on how high the dose is, what form the medicine is in, and how long the treatment period is. It also says each mother's situation should be evaluated individually. I'd definitely recommend calling the InfantRisk Center. (806)-352-2519, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm central time.
    Last edited by @llli*LLLKaren; September 28th, 2011 at 07:44 AM.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--