Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much weight?

Default Re: How much weight?

Thanks

Yes, I would urge you not to compare your baby to other babies or get too hung up on the numbers - if she's healthy, she is gaining, she's hitting milestones, and you're seeing good diaper output, then all is well. Some babies are just more petite than others, and that's just how they are!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

My Son was born 8lbs 10oz and 21 1/2" long. At his 6 week check up he weighed 15lbs ?oz and was 24" long. We went today for our two month check up (he will be nine weeks tomorrow) and he weighed 17lbs 2oz and was 25" long. He is completely off the charts in his weight and height. I'm hoping he will slow down soon but I'm happy that he's healthy.

my little girl was 7 13oz at birth, and at 9 weeks/2 months, she only weighed 9lbs 6oz. , at 11 weeks shes still only 9 6oz. breast feeding exclusively and it seems to be going very well, the breast feeding clinic is not sure why she isnt gaining weight very well. gaining only 1 ounce a week now, if that good latch, baby is sleeping well feeding regularly (2-3hrs) very alert and strong, peeing great, not a lot of pooping tho.(pooping only a few times every 2 weeks, happening since birth, not constipated).
    Any suggestions??

I'm the one who started the post and my girl also is not a big pooper since birth. Now at almost 2 months she goes about twice - 3x times a week. LC says it's normal. We had some breastfeeding trouble in the beginning but now she is catching up. She will be 2 months next week and is also very alert and happy so I don't think it's a milk supply issue. It just bothers me when people are like...omg she is so small! I guess they are use to fat babies all the time. My husband and I are both lean. Some babies will just be lean.. llli*jasper sounds like your case has been evaluated by LCs and doctors so you and I must just be part of the same club