Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite rice cereal brands?

Default Favorite rice cereal brands?

I will start to give my baby rice cereal and I am overwhelmed by the choices and reviews online. It seems everyone finds fault with one or another brand! I was wondering what your favorite brands are. I would like something with as little extra ingredients as possible! (My baby has soy, dairy, gluten and nut sensitivities).

Thanks!
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Default Re: Favorite rice cereal brands?

Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

info about creating homemade baby cereals:

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/cereal.htm
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

You don't have to give rice cereal at all. Check out http://www.drgreene.com/whiteout
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

that rice cereal isn't necessary. Baby led solids www.rapleyweaning.com is pretty darn awesome- baby eats "real foods"- what you or I would eat, and teaches to feed themselves.

Some moms have done it with babies with allergies. I don't have any experience there.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    that rice cereal isn't necessary. Baby led solids www.rapleyweaning.com is pretty darn awesome- baby eats "real foods"- what you or I would eat, and teaches to feed themselves.

Some moms have done it with babies with allergies. I don't have any experience there.
    I did it with both of my kiddos- the one with allergies and the one without. It makes things a lot easier, imo.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Paige and other BLS moms: How did you do it with DCP? That was my one hangup or I would have done it with Sam. On a weird note he LOVE rice cereal
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10

Watch Your Language

Davis never ate at school, with his allergies I was too afraid to open the door to any solids when I wasn't personally there. Nora was 9 mos by the time she went to DC so they were fine giving her the same food they were giving to the older kids.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I didn't have the DCP provide solids until they were essentially feeding themselves, and then we talked about what they could and could not have, and basically, by then, they were eating everything in sight anyway
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

sorry to hijack, but then they were having no solids during the day?

you know what i will create a new thread, sorry op
    My Boy 3-16-10

Watch Your Language