Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing interest (& I'm losing patience)

Default Re: Losing interest (& I'm losing patien

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    Oh gosh, that might be true (for some moms) at 4 months, but 21 months? You can toss that pump to the curb!
    LOL!! Sounds like a plan to me! Thank you!!!!!!!
    Gina - SAHM to Sofia Rose born day after Christmas! 12/26/09

Nursing two years and still going!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*three-wishes View Post
    Big Mama!
    Thank you

SO upset once again... She's refusing morning nursing now which is when I have the most milk. Never saw this coming, I always thought the morning would be one of the last sessions to go. Crying like a baby over it, ugh. It's been going on for about a week now and it's so frustrating to the point where I don't even want to get her in the morning. :/. She gets out of the crib and runs to the door and says out. Runs from me if I try to grab her, which is so heartbreaking for me. Not sure how to overcome this feeling of sadness...I don't know if it's a phase/strike or if suddenly she's just done? Sob...

Ugh. I'm so sorry, mama. This is the sort of "weaning" that Joe has been doing too. Just really rejecting. Screaming "NO MAMA MILKIES!"

Two year olds: They're not the most diplomatic or empathic creatures, are they?

And weaning really messes with your hormones and feelings. I wish I had something really helpful to say about this, but I'm going through the same thing. Not only is Joe weaning, but he's weaning in a way that I find pretty harsh and unpleasant. Not what I imagined, you know?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

It's definitely messing with my hormones... I just can't wrap my head around it because she's never done this to me before (outright refuse milk all day long!). I mean it's very abrupt. Our nursing sessions were getting shorter and shorter, but we were still nursing 4x/day just 2 weeks ago. Now she doesn't want it at all!!!!