Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: gone overnight from my night nurser

Default gone overnight from my night nurser

How will it work to leave my DD overnight when she wakes up to nurse at least 2 times a night? I do have breastmilk stored, but am not quite sure how it will work. She doesn't exactly want to eat, she just kind of latches on and then just sits there, though letdown does eventually occur. Will I just tell my SIL to feed her every time she wakes up? I've tried to pat her back to put her back to sleep when she wakes but it doesn't work. I have to leave her overnight because my mom is having surgery for esophageal cancer and I need to be there. This will not be until November, though. I have though about checking out the book No Cry Sleep Solution but am welcome to any tips!

Default Re: gone overnight from my night nurser

Will she take a pacifier?
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

My dd's 11 months old and nurses all night, my older one was the same. Just got back from 3 nights away from her and she seemed to do alright w/o nursing at night. My older one was the same, she nursed at night until she was about 2 or more. I think that if mom's there, they want to nurse. If it's someone else, they'll settle for other means of settling down. I'd suggest having a couple of bottles just in case. That way your SIL will have milk if your lo won't settle. But she could try just snuggling or maybe a binki.

Thanks! She won't take a pacifier, just me I'll probably just make sure she has the bottles ready just in case like you suggested.