Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twiddling While Nursing

Default Re: Twiddling While Nursing

Quote Originally Posted by erika1131 View Post
    My 13m will twiddle if my other breast is exposed. usually when we nurse lying down, in the morning. i found if i cover up she pets my chest instead.
    Adeline pets my chest all the time too ... and my arm and face. The sleepier she is, the more gentle and loving the petting. I love it ... it's absolutley precious.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

Funny you should ask because I was just about to post about something like this. Basically my son just turned a year old two weeks ago and INSISTS on holding something. Drives me crazy because sometimes I don't have anything for him to hold. A blanket won't do, but a toy does the trick. If I don't have something - HE WILL NOT EAT! I cannot stand it!

Allen does this too - but he twiddles my hair, or just pulls on it. If I have my hair back in a ponytail he'll search for it and stop nursing to look up at me as if to say "Where's your hair gone?". If he can't find my hair or is being too rough he switches to sticking his hand in my mouth, up my nose, in my eye...

He also will pop off, look at my nipple, rollit between his fingers, then decide he wasn't done and get back to work.

I also think it's funny when he has his binky in and I lay him down to nurse - that binky get spit out so fast!

Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernSAHM View Post
    he likes to stick his hands in my mouth, or up my nose. . .
    She's only 4.5 mos and this is her favorite thing! Long limbs, just like mommy.

yup. my son has been doing it for close to a year now. i find it very irritating. if you do too, i would advise early intervention...give those fingers something else to play with before it becomes a habit.

My little guy pinches the areola when he's nursing..i hate it!!! LOL I'm trying to teach him not to do that

Quote Originally Posted by jentut View Post
    My 10 month old recently started trying to twiddle with my other nipple when he's nursing. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Welcome to Twiddlers Annonamus (SP?)! LOL DD does this, can't remember when she started (she is 15 months now) and I have no clue how to stop it without her throwing a fit (such a drama queen)
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)

My ds is mainly doing this at night because I have a bra on at other times. Well, now he's actually to the point where he's getting milk out from the other side. I try to keep the breast he's not nursing on covered, but sometimes I doze off.

bump.

YES!! My ds is 12 mths and has twiddled since he was about 8 months old. At first it didn't bother me at all and I let him do it, but now he's gotten so rough and honestly, it HURTS!! I've tried to give him other things or just cover it so he can't get to it and he immediately get frustrated and cries so I end up giving in. It helps him relax and go to sleep, so I grit my teeth and bear it. I have no idea how to break him of it so for now i'm just dealing with it, but it's a small price to pay for all the joy that BF has brought to us. I'm sorry I have no help other than support that you are not alone. The only advice I can give is to maybe try one of those nursing necklaces.